Amy Adams talks Lois Lane with EMPIRE
THAT SIDE EYE
SO MUCH SIDE EYE
PETITION TO HAVE A LOIS LANE ACTION FIGURE STARTS IN THREE…
Camilla Catrambone’s shows us her family members not by having them sit in front of her camera, but by laying out the things of special significance to each one.
Tells a story, right?
The results were even worse when it came to salary. Among students who found jobs, former unpaid interns were actually offered less money than those with no internship experience.
WOW U MEAN INTERNSHIPS ARE UNFAIR, TERRIBLE FOR RECENT COLLEGE GRADS AND THE MOST RIDICULOUS PART OF AN ALREADY RIDICULOUS JOB MARKET?
srly we need more studies like this. Fuck internships.
Not to mention many internships are actually breaking laws, specifically the unpaid ones. There are 6 rules that unpaid internships SHOULD fall under and though they are vague they are:
1. The training, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to what would be given in a vocational school or academic
2. The training is for the benefit of the trainees;
3. The trainees do not displace regular employees, but work under their close observation;
4. The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the trainees, and on occasion the employer’s operations may actually be impeded;
5. The trainees are not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the training period; and
6. The employer and the trainees understand that the trainees are not entitled to wages for the time spent in training.
Basically this is stating that unpaid internships should be basically like classes outside of the classroom. Someone once used the example of a bakery intern: An unpaid intern can help decorate cookies in a bakery as a learning tool, but those cookies can not be the cookies that are sold to the public as that would violate rule 4 (and really rule 3).
Star Trek facepalm appreciation post.
I don’t think people give Flash enough credit.
I love all the Flashes. Guys with big hearts who want to do good things.
who is the artist on this, does anyone know? The art looks familiar but I can’t quite put my finger on it